I absolutely loathe cleaning up the kitchen after I bake. With tons of pots, pans, bowls, spatulas, whisks, ramekins, and everything in between sitting in the sink, it can take forever to wash it all!
After seeing the gorgeous brownies in the photo above, you must think they require a bunch of bowls for mixing and whipping and fancy stuff like that. But you’re wrong. These babies are ONE-BOWL. Yes, it’s true. Only one single bowl is required to make a whole batch of chewy, gooey, chocolate-y brownies!
Up close, especially, you can see just how amazing it is that this recipe only uses one bowl. These brownies have everything you want: a crispy exterior, a rich, chewy middle, and chocolate chunks to spare! Mmmm… I might have to whip up another batch right now…
When the brownies came out of the oven and I let them cool for a bit, I used a handy-dandy powdered sugar duster from Crate & Barrel to sprinkle the tops. It totally adds another layer of sophistication and an air of fanciness to your classic bake sale treat!
The next time you’re scrambling to make the perfect sweet the night before a bake sale, party, or friend’s birthday, simply pull out one bowl 🙂 and make a batch of Juliet’s Sweets brownies – you’re sure to get rave reviews!
One-Bowl Chocolate Chunk Brownies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Yield: One 8-by-8 pan
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Heat oven to 350*F and grease an 8-by-8 baking pan with cooking spray or butter and flour.
- In medium bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for thirty second intervals until fully melted.
- With a whisk, add in the sugar and cocoa powder. Add in the eggs and vanilla.
- With a rubber spatula, fold in the flour until it’s totally blended into the cocoa powder. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the batter evenly into the pan and spread the *thick* batter around in an even layer. Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Once cooled, cut into squares and dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy!