So many people are daunted when they think of ever baking bread from scratch. But, I’m here today to tell you that you can do it! Really! This Cinnamon Sugar Swirl Bread recipe is easy-to-follow, and, if you follow the instructions, will give you a delicious loaf.
I love bread. Really. I could eat bread all day! But I also love sweets. So, to combine my two biggest cravings and fuel my baking addiction, I whipped up some of this bread, which is sweet and bread-y.
The cinnamon swirl is made of cinnamon and sugar, so it’s sweet and flavorful. I made sure to make the swirl circle all throughout the bread. It’s so disappointing when you slice into a cinnamon swirl loaf and there’s only a little swirl… so I filled the bread up with a huge one!
Enjoy the recipe and happy baking!
Cinnamon Sugar Swirl Bread
Prep time: 20 minutes (plus 2 1/2 hours of proofing)
Cook time: 30-35 minutes
Yield: One 9-by-5-inch loaf
- 1 packages instant yeast
- 1/6 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Add in the milk, sugar, egg butter, and half of the flour, beating until smooth. Stir in, using a dough hook attachment to the mixer, the remaining flour.
- Continue kneading the dough on low speed for 6 minutes with the dough hook attachment. Place the dough in a greased bowl, turning it over once to grease the whole ball, and let it proof (rise), covered with a dish towel, for one hour.
- Punch the center of the dough down, and turn it out onto a floured surface. Roll it out into an 18-by-8-inch rectangle, and combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle the mixture evenly in a layer over the dough, and tightly roll up the rectangle from the short side. Pinch the seam together, and place the roll in a greased 9-by-5-inch loaf pan. Cover and let it proof again for an hour and a half.
- Bake the loaf at 350*F for 30-35 minutes, and brush it with melted butter when it’s warm out of the oven. Enjoy!