Hello everyone! During these busy summer days, I always want to make a quick and easy dessert, but also one that can be easily eaten next to the pool or out and about on the beach. And what better way to celebrate the summer than with some s’mores? So, I whipped up some S’mores Pops! I honestly don’t think I have made anything easier to make than these, so non-bakers, you’re in for a treat! I used my gas stovetop to toast the marshmallows, but you can use a kitchen torch if you have one, or a bonfire if you’re going for authenticity. You just want to make sure the marshmallows look a little toasted and not too burnt, so that on the pop you can tell that they’re supposed to have a s’more vibe!After toasting the marshmallows, I had some melted chocolate ready for dipping. You can use chocolate specifically for melting, or chocolate chips, which is what I used. I recommend a double-boiler, but you can melt them in the microwave, too!To make the graham cracker coating, I crushed graham crackers together in a sealed plastic bag, and then poured them into a small bowl. Right after dipping the marshmallows in chocolate, I swirled them around in the graham cracker crumb bowl. Don’t worry about making sure it looks perfect – some bigger or smaller chunks are okay – the messiness is the beauty of it!I hope you all enjoy this recipe – it’s incredibly easy and is always a crowd-pleaser. Maybe stick them on display in a beach bucket of sand, or wait for them to cool and wrap them individually in cellophane for a cute party favor. The possibilities are endless!xx
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Yield: 12 pops
- 24 large marshmallows (make sure you don’t use mini marshmallows)
- 3/4 bag of milk chocolate chips (about 9 ounces)
- 4 large graham crackers
- 12 lollipop sticks (you can find these at a local craft or cooking supply store)
- Skewer the marshmallows onto the 12 popsicle sticks, 2 to a stick.
- Over a gas stove, in the oven, or over a bonfire, roast the marshmallows until they’re lightly toasted and browned.
- Set up your double boiler or your microwave, and melt the chocolate chips, making sure to stir at least every thirty seconds.
- While the chocolate chips are melting, seal the graham crackers in a plastic bag, and crush them until they’re fine crumbs and pour them out into a small bowl.
- When the chocolate is melted, dip the marshmallows in the chocolate, covering the top one, and them quickly swirl it around in the graham cracker crumbs. Place it onto a sheet of parchment paper, and repeat until al of the pops are done.
- Store them in the freezer or on your counter, depending if you want them to be frozen treats or not. Enjoy!