Happy holidays to all of my lovely followers! In this time between Christmas and New Years, I’m always on vacation with my extended family… this year, we’re in Stratton, Vermont. Due to a lack of snow, we haven’t had the best conditions for skiing, but that just means we have more time for baking. And I have the perfect recipe for something easy that you can make with friends or family during these in-between days!
Spiced Caramel Corn
So, I hadn’t made any type of popcorn prior to making this spiced caramel corn, but now I’m such a big fan and I’m dying to try other variations. Keep your eyes peeled for a peanut butter version in the future! I think the reason why I like making popcorn so much comes down to its simplicity. You can use pre-popped popcorn (I made some in the microwave), and then it’s really fun to toss it in the easy-to-make coating, too. After popping it in the oven for a little while, your popcorn is all ready!
On top of its simplicity, this recipe makes a lot of popcorn – not too much, but just enough to put away in a bag for yourself 🙂 while still sharing with friends and family. This is the perfect treat to put in gift bags for the holidays, or to hand out as favors at a party… or just eat all by yourself.
Enjoy the recipe, and happy holidays!
Spiced Caramel Corn
Inspired by Pumpkin Spice Popcorn
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minuted
Yield: 12 cups of popcorn (!)
- 12 cups of popcorn (already popped and ready to go!)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 250*F (NOT 350*F) and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large glass bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice, then add in the butter and honey. Pop the bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds, then gently stir.
- Microwave for another 1 minute, 45 seconds, and stir.
- Finally, microwave for another round of 1 minute, 45 seconds, and stir. Add in the baking soda and vanilla.
- Place your popcorn in a LARGE bowl, and then pour the caramel coating over it, using your hands to make sure every piece is evenly covered with deliciousness!
- Spread the coated popcorn evenly across the lined cookie sheets, and bake for 30 minutes, stirring around the popcorn after 15 minutes. Let it cool and enjoy! Store it in an airtight container.