Hello everyone! I hope your summer is off to a great start. It’s so nice to be out and about in the warm weather, and I’ve been loving hiking, swimming, and kayaking – being in the sunshine is my favorite part of summertime. But, if you’re hesitant to jump into summer activities at their height, I have the perfect way to ease yourself in. One thing totally characteristic of summer is roasting marshmallows, and the Rocky Road Brownies I’m sharing today are topped with perfectly toasted, golden-brown ones. These are a variation of my One-Bowl Chocolate Chunk Brownies, and adding in just a few more ingredients transforms an ordinary (okay, really delicious… but still ordinary) dessert into the talk of your next summer event – and you can make them in just one bowl! Read on for how to make these Rocky Road Brownies, and happy beginning of summer!
Here’s the before shot:
Here it is after! Look at those golden, gooey marshmallows!
Rocky Road Brownies
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35-40 minutes
Yield: One 8-by-8 inch pan
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks (or chips)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or almonds)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or chunks)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Heat oven to 350*F and grease an 8-by-8 inch baking pan with cooking spray or butter and flour.
- In medium bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for thirty second intervals until fully melted.
- With a whisk, add in the sugar and cocoa powder. Add in the eggs and vanilla.
- With a rubber spatula, fold in the flour until it’s totally blended into the cocoa powder. Fold in the chocolate chunks and chopped walnuts.
- Pour the batter evenly into the pan and spread the *thick* batter around in an even layer. Evenly sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the pan, and then top them evenly with a layer of mini marshmallows. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Once cooled (after about 20 minutes), cut into squares. Enjoy!