Happy Monday, everyone! March is officially in full swing and my birthday month is officially over, but on the bright side, spring is just around the corner! I haven’t talked a lot about it on this blog (it is a baking blog – not a lifestyle blog), but I’m really into fitness and leading a healthy lifestyle. I love working out, whether that’s the Bar Method (my absolute favorite and a super fun workout), yoga, dancing, walking my sweet pups, and anything out in the sunshine, from biking to hiking, and everything in between. With all of my exercise, I’ve found it’s so important to keep my body fueled with quick and healthy snacks… and this is one of my favorites – PB Chocolate Power Balls!
This decadently delicious treat packs a punch to keep you fueled! Filled with whole oats, flaxseed, and peanut butter as the main ingredients, it gives you the perfect boost of healthy fats, carbs, and nutrients to fuel your workout or your busy day.
So many protein bars have an excess amount of sugar or secretly contain lots of artificial ingredients. By making these super cute and yummy protein balls yourself, you know exactly what’s going into them, and can be assured that you’re fueling your body with only the best.
These also take literally 10 minutes to make and they’re no-bake! They could not be easier or quicker. Make a batch of these at the beginning of the week and grab some when you’re craving a sweet afternoon pick-me-up, a pre-workout boost, or even a late-night chocolate craving.
Happy exercising and happy eating!
PB Chocolate Power Balls
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Yield: 10 balls
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter (or try creamy)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or coconut oil, avocado oil, etc.)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup flaxseed
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (or pb chips)
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
- In a medium bowl, stir together the peanut butter, honey, olive oil, and vanilla. Add in the oats, cocoa, coconut, flaxseed, and chocolate chips, and stir until combined.
- Scoop out tablespoons of dough and mold them into balls with your hands – it’ll be sticky and a little messy, but fun 🙂
- Once they’re all formed and placed on a plate, sprinkle them with sea salt.
- Pop the balls in the fridge for a few minutes to solidify them a bit, and they’re ready to enjoy!