I hope you haven’t even started thinking about getting tired of autumn-themed recipes because I’m definitely not! Pumpkin season has just begun and today I have my first pumpkin recipe of the season to share with you!
I’ve already shared plenty of pumpkin recipes in the past… these glazed donuts, these cinnamon rolls, these pumpkin pie cupcakes, these chocolate chip muffins, these caramel-drizzled scones, and even these dog treats! But today’s recipe is like no other.
This dreamy muffin combines the rich and tangy flavor of cheesecake with warm, sweet pumpkin and spices to create a unique and decadent sweet treat. And aren’t they just beyond photogenic? Added bonus!
What I love about these muffins is their versatility. They can be enjoyed (ahem, scarfed down) as is, or topped with a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar, smothered with pumpkin butter, or cupcake-ified with a piped swirl of cream cheese frosting. Even try baking it as a loaf! The possibilities are endless, you guys.
These muffins are also rather quick to make. You’ll have them in and out of the oven in less than a half an hour! Even if your house is already over-filled with Halloween candy and other fall sweets, make a batch of these muffins for a friend… the smell of them baking alone is more than worth it.
Happy pumpkin season!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Muffins
Adapted from The Novice Chef
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 can pumpkin (about 7 ounces)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (1 package)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat your oven to 375*F and line a muffin tin with 12 liners. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cloves, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine the pumpkin, sugar, and brown sugar until well-mixed on medium speed. Add in the egg, vegetable oil, and vanilla and continue to beat until smooth.
- On low speed, add in the dry ingredients and mix just until combined and no streaks of flour remain.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and egg yolk until thoroughly combined and creamy.
- Fill each muffin tin 3/4 of the way full with batter (I like to use a cookie scoop for ease!). Once full, drop a rough tablespoon of the cheesecake mixture on top of each muffin. Using a toothpick, gently swirl the cheesecake into the muffin – the more you swirl, the less pronounced the cream cheese mixture will both appear and taste, so swirl accordingly!
- Bake the muffins for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Cool them for 10 minutes in the tins, then enjoy! They’re best warm with a sprinkle of cinnamon.