Another installment in the compilation of holiday treats is today’s Toasted Marshmallow Hot Cocoa Fudge!
This fudge is super easy to make, a huge crowd pleaser (make a double batch!), and tastes like a deliciously wintery cup of hot cocoa. What really seals the deal in terms of flavor for this fudge is the toasted miniature marshmallows on top. I used a kitchen torch, but if you don’t have one available, toasting the marshmallows in the oven before sprinkling them on top of the fudge is a great alternative.
Semisweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips are the base ingredients for the black and white candy layers, but you can swap in some dark chocolate for a richer taste or really use any chocolate types you have on hand.
Happy holidays and happy hot chocolate fudge-making!
Toasted Marshmallow Hot Cocoa Fudge
Adapted from Wonky Wonderful
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours chilling time
Yield: One 8×8 inch pan
- 1½ cups white chocolate chips
- 14 ounces (one standard can) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1½ cups miniature marshmallows
- Line a square 8×8 pan with foil.
- In a glass bowl, stir together the white chocolate chips with 5 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk. In a separate glass bowl, combine the semisweet chocolate chips with remaining sweetened condensed milk.
Microwave the semisweet chocolate in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth. Pour the mixture into your pan and spread into an even layer.
Microwave the white chocolate in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth. Spread the mixture on top of the dark chocolate layer.
Sprinkle the mini marshmallows on top, gently pressing them down, and refrigerate for 2 hours to set.
Using a kitchen torch, gently toast the marshmallows, cut, and enjoy!